Nurses are the largest professional group responsible for placing catheters. Becoming trained on the use of DirectVision® can allow nurses to become a driving force in improving patient care for those in need of a Foley catheter.
DirectVision® can improve patient care efficiency, satisfaction, and outcomes. Visually-guided catheters are associated with:
- Increased first time success rate for placement
- Decreased pain or discomfort during catheter placement
- Reduced risk of injury during catheter placement
- Decreased risk of infection
- Decreased frequency of urology consults for difficult catheter placements
Successfully placing a catheter on the first attempt eliminates the need for urology involvement and escalation procedures, which will save money and time, and reduce stress.
Visit the Resource Tab to access more information on Visually Guided Urinary Catheterization with DirectVision including clinical resources, facility reimbursement and a video library. Contact us for questions and additional information.