The DirectVision® Coudé Council Tip Catheters are specialty triple lumen catheters with three ports.
- The first port is used to house the fiber optic visual guide. This lumen also provides a channel for continuous bladder irrigation (CBI) after placement if needed.
- The middle port is used for drainage of urine. During the placement of the catheter, the port can also be utilized for irrigation or instrumentation–for example, introducing a guidewire to assist in placement of the catheter.
- The third port provides access to inflate the retaining balloon.
Key features include:
- Coudé Council tip design
- Visual guide port compatible for Continual Bladder Irrigation (CBI)
- Numbered insertion markers in 1cm intervals to help identify urethral landmarks.
- 100% Silicone
- Conforms to ASTM Foley catheter standards
Indications for Use: The DirectVision® Catheter is indicated for use in the drainage and/or collection and/or measurement of urine.
- 14 FR
- 18 FR
1 National Quality Forum, Safe Practices for Better Healthcare – 2010 Update